Our mission at Bee Naturals is to offer our customers education and solutions to help them reach, maintain and exceed their skincare goals. If you have a question you don’t see an answer to here, please submit a support request and we’ll be happy to help!
- Yes, Bee Naturals is committed to animal welfare and safety and never uses ingredients from sources that don’t demonstrate their commitment to animal welfare. We’re Leaping Bunny certified.
- Yes they are Gluten Free but not certified.
- Obtaining the certification for this is a large expense that would drive up the cost of our products to an unacceptable level.
- To keep our products at a reasonable price point we have chosen not to gain the certification at this time.
- We do not have a USDA Organic Certification at this time.
- It would drastically increase our product pricing and that is not something that we wish to do.
- We are however cautious about where we source our ingredients from and we do use many organic ingredients.
No, We use beeswax in many products which is not considered Vegan as it is naturally produced by bees.
- The simple answer is yes. Our favorite saying is, “We formulate to offer you the best that science and nature have to offer.”
- We sometimes use ingredients that are compounded in a lab for reasons such as:
- That it may be purer coming from a lab over what is found in nature.
- sometimes items found in nature will be contaminated with heavy metals but producing them in a lab will not contain these contaminants.
- Ethical reasons
- Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by the human body. We use a synthesized hyaluronic instead for purity and it’s more ethical.
- That it may be purer coming from a lab over what is found in nature.
- We AVOID the use of non-renewable petro-chemicals, such as mineral oil, etc.
- Simple answer is yes. We primarily use paraben-free preservatives, such as phenoxyethanol in our water containing products.
- In our products that do not contain water we will sometimes use natural rosemary oil extract to help prevent oxidation of the oils.
- See our blogspot about preservatives, here: https://www.beenaturals.com/preservatives-natural-skin-care/
- Yes! We have two brick and mortar stores in Missouri
- Maplewood (our Spa location)
- Click HERE to see the locations, hours, and contact information.
- Natural essential oils are variable crops that can differ each season.
- Synthetic fragrances are consistent 100% of the time in each batch
- The products that we use the natural essential oils can have a noticeable difference in the smell.
- This DOES NOT effect the performance of the product in any way
- The BB (or best by date) is a general indication of overall product performance expectations.
- It is NOT an expiration date (like what you find on food or medicine).
- Viscosity or thickness can decrease over time
- It does not mean that your product is no longer safe or fresh it is a suggestion based on the performance of the products over time.
- Please keep in mind that the preservatives in our products, that contain water, do deteriorate over time so we do not recommend keeping products such as those laying around for years after the BB date has passed.
There are a variety of reasons that this could have happened and we do apologize for any inconvenience that it may cause you. Possible reasons could be:
Covid-19 has affected a great many things including our ability to purchase the supplies needed to make and package our products. Pump bottles for instance were completely sold out for a long period of time. So items such as our hand sanitizer had to go in flip-top lids instead of the pump.
Sometimes we receive many customer requests to change certain products’ packaging to make it easier and more convenient. We try to comply with that demand. However, it is not always the case that our images on our website get updated in time for the changeover. This is a situation that we are striving to correct.
Again a supply issue if our supplier runs out or a shipment is delayed in getting to us. There are many times that we run out of a specific bottle and must use something that we have on hand that is similar. Rest assured that the packaging, in this case, will go back to the normal packaging as soon as possible.
- We manufacture in small batches of 5 gallons or less.
- It is difficult to obtain the same color when doing small batches as we do versus the larger manufacturers who may do 50 thousand gallons or more at a time.
- Some, particularly natural ingredients, darken over time with exposure to light.
- This DOES NOT effect their performance.
- For example our liquid honey skin cleanser and our baby wash are prime examples of how color changes due to the exposure of light.
- Some companies use a chemical sunscreen to stop their products from changing colors, we do not.
At Bee Naturals we believe in providing the best that both science and nature have to offer. A full list of our ingredients can be found by clicking HERE.
Our most common ingredients and their usefulness are:
- Unbleached Beeswax contains honey, a natural moisturizer ( or “humectant”), trace minerals, propolis (a natural antiseptic), and provides a superior, natural protective barrier. It bonds with surface skin cells, but does not clog pores.
- Olive Oil is rich in squalene, a skin conditioner. It’s also a good moisturizer because it attracts moisture to the skin, and a rich emollient, well-absorbed by skin.
- Coconut Oil is an extra-lubricating emollient readily absorbed by the skin.
- Refined, Non-toxic Castorbean Oil, a rich emollient and humectant oil, conditions skin and hair.
- Vitamin E (also called d-alpha or tocopheryl acetate) is a natural antioxidant which soothes and heals, and aids in the formation of skin cells. It also prevents rancidity of oils to help maintain freshness.
- Wheat Germ Oil is rich in Vitamin E and other vitamins such as Provitamin A, Vitamin F and lecithin, and it promotes healthy skin.
- Essential Herbal Oils – In particular, Lavender and Rosemary act as mild antiseptics, soothing and stimulating the skin. They also provide a pleasant non-synthetic fragrance.
- Sodium Benzoate used in small amounts can be a great preservative as it is very effective at prohibiting spoilage in certain non acidic formulas and products.
- It is commonly used in the food industry and generally regarded as safe.
- It occurs naturally in many foods that we eat.
- Bee Naturals does NOT include it in any acidic formula or products so there is no potential for it converting into benzene.
- Here are some great articles about Sodium Benzoate that we encourage you to read up on:
- It is made to our specifications by a 3rd generation soap-maker in St. Louis in 50 gallon batches.
- It does not meet organic specifications simply because coconut oil is not particularly prone to contamination with pesticides.Yes, there is organic certified coconut oil, but it costs twice what our grade costs and was deemed not an expense that most of our customers want to bear.
- It is Kosher and food-grade coconut oil.
- This is not a GMO product.
- Both of these items are closely related and work well as preservatives because they help to prevent spoilage in our products.
- They are considered generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for food use by the FDA.
- You will likely consume more of these items in a day from your food and beverage that you’d absorb topically through your skin in a month.
- No, it is formulated to deter gnats and mosquitos.
- Make sure the bar is a cool room-temperature.
- Remove the lid.
- You should be able to twist and pop the bar out of the container.
- You can also “slap” it face down on a firm surface to remove the bar.
- Peeper Keeper is our most popular product and has the added bonus of being multifunctional.
- Use in areas around eyes that are prone to dryness and fine lines.
- Can be used to sooth chapped skin such as lips and noses.
- Use as a conditioner to groom eyebrows.
- Massage into cuticles for conditioning.
- It is a balm, not a cream, and is super concentrated so very little is needed for all uses.
- 25% level of zinc oxide is thought to provide sun protection equivalent to an SPF rating of 25-30.
- We do not list this on the label because our product is not an FDA OTC product with a lab tested SPF rating
- Here are some great articles to read so that you may form your own personal decision about sunscreen and protection:
- Although this is a pesticide-free product, (no DEET or pyrethrins), we recommend you consult with your child’s pediatrician for their approval. Young children can be particularly sensitive to essential oils, especially if they have asthma, allergies or other respiratory conditions.
Promos, Rewards, Gift Cards
- At this time we are unable to transfer Bee Rewards points from our website for use in one of our two retail stores.
- Unfortunately we cannot process a discount once the order is completed, but depending on your coupon details and the expiration you’ll be able to use it on your next order.
- The retail stores and our website run on two different systems and unfortunately any gift cards/discounts/promos offered in our retail locations are not useable on our online store.
- The same goes for anything being promoted or bought on our online store is not transferable to our retail brick and mortar locations.
- If you’d like to purchase a gift card for our Spa location in Maplewood you can find the contact information HERE
- They are able to to do this process over the phone and is an easy way to give a special treat a friend or loved one that lives in the area if you do not.
Reactions and Allergies
Shipping and Returns
- Yes, we do offer international shipping. See our International shipping policy HERE.
- Please note that Bee Naturals is not liable for recovery of undelivered or lost international orders unless purchaser opts to insure their order. We have no control over international orders once they leave the U.S. Postal system.